Regional Higher Education Project Officer (RHEIPO)
Under the overall responsibility and direct supervision of DKT Area Office, the RHEIPO will provide overall leadership, management and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of project outputs across the universities in the Area Office in close consultation with the HEI Coordinator, DKT Area Managers, and University Focal Persons. The RHEIPO will provide required technical and administrative support to guide the project activities and outputs and ensure effective management of the project. The RHEIPO will report to and be guided by the DKT Area Managers to ensure the project achieves its goals and ensure cost effectiveness and sustainability.
SCOPE OF WORK
The primary duties of the Project Officer will include:
• Provide technical guidance to the universities, identifying and addressing key issues;
• Prepare and monitor the annual Work Plans and budget of the overall project, based on proposed annual national work plans and budgets, and adhere to approval processes (this will include liaising with universities for timely preparation and implementation of annual plan, procurement, monitoring, participation and training plans);
• Provide overall technical support in the execution of the project in the universities to ensure quality and timeliness of project work;
• Ensure effective liaison and maintain good communication with regional partners and other Stakeholders including NGOs;
• Maintain records, with support of the focal persons, on technical and financial aspects of project operation, including monitoring of project activities and their outcomes;
• Organize trainings, meetings, regional workshops and other inter-university activities with guidance of the HQs including workshops for sharing experiences in thematic areas and exchange visits among universities and project sites, in accordance with the annual work plan;
• Detail reproductive health products and promote SRH services in nearby universities and colleges;
• Disseminate relevant documentation and experiences to the universities and partners;
• Prepare timely and quality project progress and implementation reports for submission to DKT HQs (in accordance with reporting procedures);
DURATION, LOCATION AND NATURE OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment will be for one (1) year in DKT Ethiopia’s Area Office, particularly in Oromia subject to probationary period and performance and extendable as necessary to reflect ultimate completion date of the project. The Area Office HEI Project Officer will work from Adama Town and travel as required to universities and colleges in the Region, spending up to 85% of his/her time on field work.
• At least 3 years working experience in youth program management or related fields with recognized technical expertise; experience with university students has an added value;
• A Bachelor degree in social science or related field;
• Experience in the management of youth projects at national or regional levels;
• Strong management skills including ability to build strong teams, develop work plans, and manage budgets and project expenditures; periodic reports and monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Good interpersonal skills will experience in networking with partners at all levels (private sector, NGOs and local community based organizations);
• Experience working with NGOs with implementation of youth projects;
• Ability to speak Amharic, English, and Oromiffa languages fluently;
• Experience working in the Area Office or a similar region in Ethiopia.